The best way to take care of your health is to take an active role in your own health care. To do this, you need to know about your options and your rights as a patient.
Patients need to become better educated and demanding more and better options from their health insurance companies. The right to physical therapy services is an important option, and it is your right as a patient.
Talk with your employer/benefits manager. The employers who contract and pay for employee health care plans often have the most influence with insurers.
- Is your physical therapy benefit “bundled” with those of other providers of care?
- Does the benefit language permit access to physical therapy for each condition during the year?
- Does the benefit language permit access to physical therapy for each episode of care?
- Does the benefit language ensure coverage that facilitates restoration of function?
- Does the benefit language ensure coverage that promotes functional independence for those with chronic conditions?
Not sure what your specific plan benefits might mean for you?
Call us and we’ll help you to understand what your out-of-pocket expenses will be. 2 locations to better serve you: Reservoir and Madison.